Youth football plays a vital role in encouraging physical, social and emotional growth of children. It is therefore essential for parents, coaches and officials to encourage their youth football players to embrace the values of good sportsmanship, discipline and character development.
USA Football recommends the following Player Code of Conduct:
- Have fun!
- Be a good sports (win or lose), be honest, fair and always show good sportsmanship to all coaches, players, officials and fans.
- Learn the value of commitment to the team.
- Put personal goals aside for the betterment of the team.
- Show courtesy and respect to teammates, opponents and coaches.
- Realize that athletic contests, including practice sessions are educational experiences and opportunities.
- Players will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Players will not engage in rude behavior.
- I will treat everyone, including coaches, parents, players and officials, with respect, regardless of race, creed, color, nationality or gender.